The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, Concord-Carlisle Conference
We are neighbors helping neighbors in our Massachusetts communities of Concord and Carlisle. Our Conference is part of a lay Catholic charitable organization comprising 800,000 volunteers in 140 countries. We provide short-term emergency financial assistance through trusting, empathetic, and confidential connections with our neighbors. If you or your family needs our help, please contact The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Concord-Carlisle Conference, at (978) 369-7442 extension 229 or email us at email@example.com.
Fall Fund Raiser – We Need Your Help
Our work is reliant on private donations to provide temporary financial assistance to our neighbors in need. During this event, donations will be doubled up to $7,500.
How we help
We believe in putting compassion into action. Our members visit neighbors in need in their homes or virtually, listen to their stories to learn the nature of their financial emergency, and develop plans to help. For example, our Conference:
- Helped with rent and found a retraining program for a family member who lost his job.
- Paid an unexpected large auto repair bill, allowing a person to continue to be able to work.
- Assisted a family by paying home heating bills and helping with budgeting.
- Provided holiday meals and grocery gift cards for a domestic violence survivor until she was able to financially support herself.
- Purchased holiday gifts for the children of a family when the primary caregiver passed away unexpectedly.
- Helped a first generation college student with college entry expenses, a laptop, filling out applications, and finding a summer job.
If you know of a family that needs our help, please contact us at (978) 369-7442 extension 229 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The need for assistance
Local families are affected by job loss, illness, divorce, and unexpected repair bills. There is a need for emergency financial assistance to help these families pay their bills for the basic necessities of shelter, transportation, food, utilities and health care. The chart on the left provides a snapshot of the breakdown of assistance provided by the Concord-Carlisle Conference in 2021. This chart represents aid provided to 54 families.
How you can help us help others
Our work is solely reliant on private donations to provide temporary financial assistance to our neighbors in need. Your donations enable us to quickly respond to requests for assistance in paying critical household bills such as food, utilities, and rent. We provide this assistance to our neighbors regardless of their faith, background, or personal circumstances. Please consider making a donation today.
You can also help by joining The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul as a Vincentian volunteer.